Echo Dot is already a handy device, but can it do even more? There are numerous uses it can fulfill and being a Bluetooth speaker is one of them. So, here are the steps to use Amazon Echo Dot in the form of a Bluetooth Speaker.
Using Echo Dot as Bluetooth Speaker
- You should detach every existing connection of Bluetooth on the Echo Dot. You can say just ‘Alexa, disconnect.’
- Then you have to turn on the Bluetooth pairing (you should be able to locate the icon inside the quick menu if you swipe to the lower side of the display).
- You should turn on the Bluetooth pairing. Say ‘Alexa, pair,’ and Alexa will quickly respond with ‘searching.’
- Go to the device, choose Echo Dot with the Bluetooth settings.
- After the pairing is finished, it will save the connection. When you use this next time, you should say anything like ‘Alexa, connect/pair with someone’s device.
Playing Music on the Amazon Echo Dot
Now, you understand how to link the devices and use Echo Dot as Bluetooth Speaker. You can use it for podcasts, playing music or audiobooks, etc. There are two processes you should be able to move toward this and both will be aptly explained.
Through Amazon Music Application
- You should navigate to the Amazon Music application on the device.
- Thereafter go to the album, playlist, or track you would like to play.
- You have to hold the Cast button.
- After that, choose the Echo Dot as a casting device.
- Now, you should be able to use the cast button any time you would like to.
Via the Alexa Application
- You have to open the Alexa application on the device.
- You should select the playlist or album you have currently played.
- Thereafter, select the Echo Dot in the form of a casting device of preference.
- Now, you should be able to turn on the Bluetooth device whichever time you would like to when you have several Echo devices other rooms.
The user should ensure to follow the instructions carefully and they will easily be able to use the Echo in the form of a Bluetooth speaker.
Robert Hunt is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source : Amazon Echo Dot